Friday, June 26, 2009

SoF - One month already!?

Oh wow. One month, I honestly can’t believe it’s been a month already, and what a way to end this month.

I started to wonder why we only did 2 warm-up laps rather than the usual 3, and then it hit me. End of the month, we have to forget all our Limits, leave them at the office (or your car), because today we are going All Out!

We started doing our regular stretching and Private Pearson said "We are going to run to the other side of the river and on the way there we are going to do some fun stuff", the class has been over for a over a day and I'm still waiting for the fun part.

It was probably at some point between the push ups or the jumping jacks that I realized that I was doing way better than I thought I would!

Believe it or not, I am going to miss Soldiers Of Fitness, because it works for me, I do need the encouragement of having someone telling me I can do it, I do need the camaraderie of the group workout, because, if it where to be only me going out for a run on my own, I would just turn back and crash on my couch rather than actually doing something that it's not only better for me, but for those around me (I don't snore as much as I used to according to my fiancé)

For this, for all the muscle pain I went thru, for the little scrapes from rolling on the grass, for all the sweaty workout days I had, SoF, I'm really great full! (Except for the part of watching Zack's pasty body, I gotta take my step-brother down to Mexico and introduce him to a little thing called SUN)



I'm sure that now I'm in better shape that I was back when I started, and there is no doubt in my mind that after my wedding, I will be coming back. Because you guys thought me that the only thing I should fear are my own mental limits. I am my worst enemy, I choose to live a healthy life, and you guys are helping me live that life.

Thanks SoF!

No comments: