Thursday, August 2, 2012

Disney's Mary Poppins!

This last Tuesday, July 31st, I was really excited to be a part of the first showing of Mary Poppins at the Jubilee Auditorium... When I got the invitation to the opening show I wasn't sure what to expect, I have to accept the fact that it's been over XX amount of years since I saw the movie (I'm not ready to reveal my age) I wasn't sure I was going to remember what the play was about. I played around with the idea of trying to find the movie on Netflix and watching prior to the Play. I have to be honest and say that I'm Glad I didn't!


Broadway Across Canada doesn't stop to amaze me. The quality of the actors and the quality of the shows that they bring to Calgary are nothing less than Amazing! During Mary Poppins I was trying really hard to remember the movie, but probably 20 minutes in to the first act I was so captured by the actors and the story that I stopped trying to remember the story line and decided, unconsciously, to take in the story as if it was the first time I saw it... but It wasn't until Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came on... Then it was a whole other ride!

Tears might've been a part of the equation during the play, but there was some laughter and lots of cheering for sure. This is a show that is only in town for 1 week, until Agust 5, and you should take advantage of the fact that we do get these shows in town and enjoy them with your family.

In my rating, I give it 4 out of 5 stars just because of the fact that I'm 6'0" tall and there's not enough leg room and that chairs at the Jubilee are really not that comfortable... But, well worth to watch for sure!

1 comment:

Mary Poppins said...

The quality of the actors and the quality of the shows that they bring to Calgary are nothing less than Amazing! Great stuff!