Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cirque - Like never before!

Over the last 8 years I've had the pleasure to enjoy several Cirque Du Soleil shows. Most of them here in Calgary and a few ones in Las Vegas.

I had the pleasure to take my wife to see Cirque O at the Bellagio courtesy of the Nickle Slot machine winnings at Treasure Island. I'm really not much of a gambler. We went to see the show and I was not really impressed. After having seen a few shows here in Calgary, I have to say this, and I do honestly believe this is true. The Shows we get here in Calgary with the Cirque tent, are nothing short of spectacular! The quality on the performance, production, and everything else that make a Cirque experience magical and that Cirque is known for is all there.

I went to see Kurios on their opening night here in Calgary and somehow, they managed to find a way to make acrobatics like they've never done before.

I wanted to bring my wife with me to this show, but we have a small 4-month-old baby that she didn't feel comfortable bringing with us to the show. She was afraid that Julieta might've start crying in the middle of the show and that we would've annoyed the people around us or just plain simple, ruin the Cirque experience for them.

My friend Bryan lucked out and came with me to the show and we had an amazing time. This is a great event that we have the chance to enjoy here, in our city. Make sure you plan a date night with your wife and kids, or with some friends, or perhaps just your girlfriend and you can go an enjoy it. This is a great show for everyone. I'm just saddened that I didn't convince my wife and baby to come with us. They surely would've enjoy it.

No comments: