Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Up For Rent - This Week in Movies

I rented this last weekend a bunch of Movies Doubt, Slumdog Millionarie and Yes, Man.

First in my list of movies to watch was Yes, Man. I loved the fact that Jim Carey is still making funny movies. I needed a good laugh over this long weekend. The only down part was that after watching that movie I realized how much I was missing out in live. so I decided it was a great idea to take my fiancé out that night for a Road Trip out to Banff, oh yeah, it was 11.30 pm when I decided to go out and drive One hour out to a town in the middle of the mountains. Don't get me wrong, it was Fun and I had an awesome time, but once we got there everything was already closing, and they have very little street lights available so most of our pictures turned out with a black backgroung. I blame the Movie :)



Then I watched Doubt, I've never hated someone in my life. Meryl Streep did an amazing Job. She made me Hate her character soooo much thoughout the movie, and at the very I understod her pain where she was coming from. That weekend (easter weekend) I went to mass and paid extra attention to everythign that happends while the actual mass takes place.



Last but not least... I really procrastinated a lot to watch Slumdog millionaire, I was under the impression that his was a Musical. Then after talking with a few friends and all of them telling me that it wasn't, I decided to give it a try... Oh, My God! it was 2 am on a Sunday and I didn't want to go to bed just cus I was laughing and so in to the movie, I do have to agree that it was a great choice for the Oscars, but I still wish that Mickey Rourke would've taken the Besst Actor award.. I love Mickey Rourke.


Can't wait for Friday so I can go a rent a whole bunch more of movies... 'till next week...

No comments: