Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I have a secret - Goodwill Carlos -

I don't really know how to start talking about this. I guess it all started by taking a look at Meg's Improvement. How she was excited to be on the right path to living a healthy life. You might actually say she was my inspiration.

Meg tried to convince me to join Herbal Magic shortly after she started her Journey. I went for a consult with the lovely ladies at Herbal Magic and I still was unsure if this kind of program was for me. I wasn't entirely sure I was going to be able to make it work, both financially and emotionally. Back then I was weighing a not so bad, not so good either, 310 lbs.

Meg tried again to convince me to Join Herbal Magic, and I decided to give it a 2nd chance, this time I had to get the advice from my Wife, let’s call her Mrs Goodwill, we both went back to Herbal Magic, started to look at the pro's and con's of making an effort of living a healthy life. Then we had to put the numbers together, and then we realized, living a better healthy life has no price.

I officially started my... let’s call it a Road trip, on Friday September 18, 2009. Only 5 months after my first consultation I was weighing 339.4 lbs, those are Biggest Loser Numbers!!! (Great show to watch but that is topic of another post). In 5 months I added 29.4 lbs to myself. I was on a path to self destruction.

I decided to give it a try for a while, and after the first weekend of giving it a go, I lost 10.6 lbs. Yes, I manage to lose 10.6 lbs by day 3 of Herbal Magic. That's insane!!!

So, officially, I've been doing Herbal Magic for just shy of 3 months, and today, Monday December 14, 2009 I went in for a consultation, and I had to get on the scale like any other day.

Today, I saw numbers on the scale that I haven't seen in a loooong time. 276.8... I've lost 62.6 lbs in less than 3 months! According to Wiki Answers I've lost the equivalent of an average to large size dog!


This road trip hasn't been easy, it really hasn't, like any other road trip we’ll hit bumps here and there, we might even get a flat tire, but we will eventually get there.

Together, we will get to our destination.

1 comment:

Dana Burns said...

Hi Carlos,

i wanted to let you know that I start Herbal on December 28th. I heard Meg one morning and I called right away. I am very excited and when I heard your success this morning I was like I want to let him know he's not alone. My name is Dana and I work at the Calgary Herald. Okay have a good Christmas and I hope we are in touch. my work email is daburns@theherald.canwest.com