Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Carlos Steak & Veggies on a BBQ

Last night I went back to Herbal Magic and I got the best news ever! I've lost 102 lbs! That means I'm only 18 lbs away from my goal weight. I can't believe that what I tried so many times before without results is finally working.

For the last few days I've been actually taking advantage of the gym in my building, and I'm really enjoying it. I get to work out with the same people, make each other laugh, and we encourage each other. I'm trying to get into the habit of getting on the treadmill, setting it up at a steady pace of 6 miles/hour and running like my life depended on it. I've been running 1 mile a day without stopping and to me, that's a huge accomplishment. I remember that last summer when Meg and I used to go running I wasn’t able to run for a while without stopping to catch my breath and because my joints hurt. My knees and ankles are not hurting anymore!

After working out I got home I posted on Facebook and Twitter: “Just ran a mile. A mile a day, keeps the doctor away… And supper looks great!” and then, one of our listeners, Sonia, asked what’s for supper? Herbal Magic gives us the daily planning option to plan out what we want to eat each day, and we get to make it fresh! Last night I had "The Carlos Steak & Veggies on a BBQ" Special. There is really nothing special about it, I just think it sounds cooler.

- Ingredients:

BBQ
4 oz Steak
¼ cup of Onion (Cebolla)
¼ cup of Carrots (Zanahoria)
¼ cup of Yams (Camote)
½ cup of Beets (Betabel) [I actually had to look this one up, I forgot its name in Spanish]
1 Jalapeño (this is completely optional, I do because I LOVE Spicy food)
1 pinch of Pepper
1 pinch of Oregano
Pam
Tin Foil

- Cooking Instructions

Turn on and warm-up for 15 minutes at full blast you BBQ
In the mean time you can go ahead and peel and chop the Beets and Yams, then chop the Carrots and Onion.
Using a piece large enough that will allow you to wrap the vegetables place on your counter and add a light coat of Pam.
Add the chopped vegetables and wrap them securely to avoid any spillage.
Once you’ve placed the veggie wrap in the BBQ wait for about 5 to 8 minutes before you flip them over. Please remember to keep the BBQ Lid closed to help keep the heat inside and cook your veggies throughout.
Season your steak with Oregano & Pepper. The secret to a good tasting steak is, the simpler, the better… Less is More!
Then just time out to cook your steak to your liking. I like my steak medium rare, so I wait another 5 minutes after I’ve flip my veggies over and then I add my steak on the BBQ and cook for a few minutes on each side. Don’t close your lid while cooking your steak to avoid overcooking your steak.

Serve on a plate and Voila!

If you think this is all I had for supper, let me tell you that I also had:

1 apple with ½ tbsp of peanut butter and 1 Chocolate Jell-O pudding and I was pretty much done!

Let me know how you like this little recipe, I hope it works for you as well as it does for me.

No comments: