Friday, March 18, 2011

What do I do for a living?

When I came to Calgary as an exchange student from the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California. I left home as Carlos A. Cuevas C. My first day of College at Mount Royal College my soon to be best bud gave me the name that I was known for throughout my college years. Carlos From Mexico.
Things happened and time took it's course. I started working for CKCE FM and 9 months after I started working for them I became an on-air personality amongst other things. I take care of remote broadcast, social media, some of the image content for our website, public relations & what ever other little thing that needs to get taken care of.
Soon after I became a full time employee as the Goodwill Ambassador for CKCE FM I had to get a new on-air name that tied in to my tittle, Goodwill Carlos came to light... I know, genius!
When I go home back to Mexico, my friends & family ask me what do I do for a living?! It's kinda complex. I go to events that we plan at the radio station, I meet lots of people. Sometimes I change a tire for compete estrangers, buy random people coffee at the drive thru lines, give away random items depending on the time of the year or just give away hugs & I talk about it on the radio... I guess that the easiest way to explain it, is... I make people happy or at the very least, try to brighten up their day....
I'm very lucky that I get to do this for a living. I'm very lucky to call myself, Goodwill Carlos and to work at KooL 101.5

No comments: