Monday, June 8, 2015

Sidewalk Citizen has moved!!! :(

Our new station has been based out of the new building for over a year now. It was 1 year ago that we got a really nice 'Welcome to the Neighborhood' package from the guys at Sidewalk Citizen. I'm not going to lie, at first I was like 'meh, just another bakery'... Since that care package, I have to admit that I've eaten there more than I've eaten at my house for this past year. It has become my "Cheers". They actually do know me by name now. I had a moment, and they noticed, then I found out that they were moving their location close to our building to East Village. It was like knowing that your best friend is moving to a different city. It really was that hard to accept the fact that I wasn't going to be enjoying our quick witty conversations while waiting for my food, our jokes while the bakery didn't seem that busy and their delicious, warm, fluffy buns... LOVE THEM BUNS!


 

Oh, did I forget to mention? Every Friday the also had a Pizza special!!! I'm really going to miss them, the bakers, the smells, the flavours and the odd combinations that they came up with for their savory and sweet scones. They made Lunch time fun!

 
There's not one single pastry or bread or sandwich that I had over the last year that I honestly say I didn't like. That being said, I never had any of their vegetarian options... Simply because... I LOVE MEAT!!!


 http://www.evexperience.com/sidewalk-citizen

So, my request is... Please East Village, take care of them. They're like my extended family now. And Sidewalk Citizen... I promise I'll make a run as often as possible to East Village for a visit and to pick on those delicious buns of yours... And for lunch too ;)

No comments: