Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not a Tosser of the Week, brought to you by dontbeatosser.com

I know its back to school for almost everyone; some may have already been in school for the last couple of days (or week). The prices for some of the items that are required for this back to school season are just insane! This is one of the reasons why you should recycle. Just imagine your self taking advantage of all the back-to-school specials and paying for 1/3 of your bill with money that you got from recyclables!

I was up at Staples on 3030 - 32nd Ave NE, the corner of 32nd Ave and 29th St NE, helping them with the 4th Annual School Supply Drive and they had a ton of Specials on Back-to-School items, then I met Mary-Anne. Her and her boyfriend where picking up their computer from Staples and they where using some of their savings from recycling to pay for it.

I asked Mary-Anne, what are some of the items that she thinks people should focus more on recycling and she pointed out something that I never thought of. Try and picture how many people are buying bottles of water on a daily basis, and some of those people don't stop to think about recycling. All those plastic water bottles are just sitting there in the landfills and they sit there FOREVER!



I have to thank Mary-Anne for this lesson. I just got my self a spanking new Blue Bin from Staples to store my recyclables and make my trips easier to the bottle depot. I’m not a tosser. Are you?!

Could you be the next nominee???

Check www.dontbeatosser.com for more information on how you can help our environment and your pocket at the same time.

No comments: