Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not a Tosser of the Week, brought to you by dontbeatosser.com

For the last couple of weeks I've been running around like crazy! Seriously! None stop, left right and centre! But it's all worth it.

Today I met with the winners for the All I Want for Back to School Shopping Spree and I have to accept that seeing Romel smile and enjoy a day shopping where it was all about him, buying everything that he needed and that he wanted for the new school year was worth every single minute of today.

On Friday I have to be at Staples on #3030 - 32nd Avenue NE for the 4th Annual School Supply Drive and while I'm there giving away free stuff to everyone that stops by and donates some extra school items or a little bit of cash I will be keeping my eyes open for people that are recycling. Remember that it's all about dontbeatosser.com

I've met some really interesting people. Some of them I've spent time with talking with right after we recorded their "on-air break" (Nat and Donna) and some of them I've talked to and had a few laughs (Colin and Joanne) and some of them I've talked to and they had to run back to their own life, but at the end, we all agreed on the same thing, and I'm sure I've said it before, but I only say it again 'cuz it's the truth. Recycling is more than gathering your stuff at home as you use them and taking them to the bottle depot. Recycling goes beyond that. Recycling is doing all of the above and going the extra mile, so, if you are walking on a park, parking lot, street, community event, on your way home, or to work... and If you see a container that is recyclable, pick it up and help it get to the right recycling bin. It really doesn't hurt to take that extra step.

Nat and Donna where helping Nat's Mom to clean her house and they took all of her recyclables over to the bottle depot.



Colin and Joanne where doing some recyclables that they've been saving for a while to help Colin with some of the expenses for his move out to UVic.



David does some recycling up in Airdrie and uses the money to take his little girl out for breakfast after teaching her the importance of recycling.



Terri-Lee and Joanne have been doing recycling for a while now and they have a bank account open for Terri-Lee's daughter and they have been depositing all the money form recycling into that bank account to use as a College Fund.



All these extra steps that people have been taking to make sure all of their recyclable items are in deed recycled and what the money is being used for are creating milestones amongst friends and family that they will cherish for a long time.

Could you be the next nominee???

Check www.dontbeatosser.com for more information on how you can help our environment and your pocket at the same time.

No comments: