Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who's the guy in the picture with my wife?

September 18th seems to be so long ago…I just can't believe I weighed 339.4 lbs less than 4 months ago. Sadly, that was what I weighed when I got married, I just wish there was a way for me to change all those pictures. When I got those pictures back from the photographer I looked at my self and yes, that was in fact me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I was and still am the happiest man ever, but just couldn’t believe I really looked like that. I never saw myself in the same way that the pictures showed me to be. It was a big reality check for me. I didn’t like the me that I was looking at in my wedding pictures.

Fast forward to this past Saturday night. I went to a pub to celebrate Ian’s birthday for a little while- Erin Wilde was there along with our very own Chris Shine. So, as the night went on, Erin wanted to take a picture of Mr and Mrs Goodwill (that’s my wife and I). Once she was finished, she showed me the picture to make sure I was fine with it before she posted it on Facebook, I heart you Erin, I looked at the picture and it took me like half a second to realize that was ME staring back.

I’m having a hard time getting used to looking at the new me every morning in the mirror, but I’m loving it, I’ve never felt better with myself, I pay more attention on the way I dress and the way I look, I now want to make sure that I look on the outside the way I feel on the inside.

While packing our stuff and getting everything ready to move to our new rental place, I saw a weird pattern. All my t-shirts are dark colors: black, dark grey, navy blue. I guess I was hiding myself behind slimming colors, but I guess that slimming colors can only help so much, I was only lying to myself and fooling no one.

I went to Herbal Magic yesterday, like I do every day (Monday – Saturday), to get weighed and measured. As of yesterday, January 11, 2009 I weighed 263.4. HELLO, THAT’S A LOSS OF 76 lbs! God knows I tried before to be healthy and to lose some weight, I knew it wasn’t going to happen overnight, it took me 29 years to get to the point where I was, but I failed many, many times in my attempts.

I’m so grateful to Herbal Magic and to the girls that have to put up with me every day, they have become a part of my life, a part of this change, and I thank them for their time and their patience. Trust me when I say that this has been a team effort. If I can do this, I’m positive that you can do this too.

If you want to start your journey, please e-mail me, I will help you!

carlos@1015energyfm.com

No comments: