Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year with New Milestone's

71.2 lbs down and 48.2 more to go...

Man the last couple of weeks have been a little rough, but it's been worth every single second. I thought that just because I managed to lose some weight over the Christmas Holiday break that the New Year’s long weekend was going to be a breeze, I've never been so wrong in my life!

Even with a long weekend we had a few work related events on Saturday and Sunday where cooking was out of my control, but I guess we have to make the best of them, there are always ways to make sure you make a "normal meal" into something healthy. You could request no mayo on a burger and ditch one of the buns (the top one with the sesame seeds) or Subway for example, You can request a 6 inch instead of a foot long (preferably on a whole wheat bun), ask the sandwich artist to get the inside crumbs off the bread and that way you are having even less bread, the add a grilled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, pepper but no salt and you get an even healthier sandwich!

So, I guess that living live on-the-go, weather you are delivery guy/girl, or if suddenly something happen and you have to leave home in a hurry and didn't get enough time to make y our own meals, you can still make some healthy choices.

The choices that I've been making since I joined Herbal Magic have lead me to lose 71.2 pounds (By the way, why is pounds abbreviated lbs?! Shouldn’t it be pds!? any way…) and to create new milestone’s in my life. Mrs. Goodwill and I were cooking supper a few days ago, she leaned over to give me a hug, she backed away and looked at me straight in the eyes and said to me: “Do you realize that this is the first time since we’ve been together that I’ve been able to hug you all the way and hold my hands?” (Actually she said: “Te das cuenta que es la primera vez desde que estamos juntos que puedo abrazarte completamente y tocar mis manos?” ha, ha, ha)

I’m never going to forget that, it is certainly worth all the little sacrifices I’ve made. I feel like a success, a step closer to my goal, a pound closer to 220.

Thank you all for your support, your e-mails and your facebook comments, I love hearing all your stories, please tell me more about how are you dealing with temptation, because God knows it’s there and we need all the support we can get. Please send your emails to carlos@1015energyfm.com.

I'm here for you to lean on me.

No comments: