Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Surprise, Surprise...

On June 9th I wanted to treat my wife to some nice things due to her 28th birthday, her first birthday together since we got married. If you know me, I mean, really know me. You’d know that I'm the worst at keeping a surprise from my wife. I'm the one that gets too excited and I'll end up giving her hints here and there just so she can guess what it is, and if she can't guess what it is, I'll just bluntly tell her what the surprise is before I have to give it to her.

I woke her up by singing Happy Birthday (Las Mañanitas) and giving her a little cake for her that morning. Then I proceeded to give her her actual gift. Then I made breakfast for her. Later that morning I surprised her at work with a flowers from Modern Petals and Mini Cupcakes from Crave for her to share with her girl friends during her lunch break. Later that evening we went for supper to SKY 360 with my in-laws and I left the most exciting surprise of them all for Saturday night. We hosted a birthday party at our condo’s Owners Lounge and she invited all her friends. I made my wife believe I’d forgotten to buy her birthday cake. Little did she know that I ordered her cake 2 months in advance and I managed to keep it a secret from her!

I contacted Rose Sen and asked her to make a giant version of her favorite Crave Cupcake, the Crave-O-Licious and she knew exactly what I was talking about. We met a few times after I placed the order to polish ideas and to make sure we had everything covered for the surprise. She even got the flavor of the cake to match the flavor of the cupcake!



If you have some time to spare at work, you can always check out more of her cakes on her blog. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Just don't see if you are hungry.

No comments: