Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pallet Design Competition

For the last few days I've been emailing back and forth with the lovely ladies of the 2013 Calgary Home + Garden Show. I was asked if I would like to take part on this years Pallet Design Competition... The challenge is to "Show off your creative flare by turning simple wooden shipping pallets into interior design treasures". That really doesn't seem to hard to do. I like to think as myself as a crafty/handy guy with a good knowledge of whats trendy, useful and at the same time... That looks good.

Then I was given the details: "You will be provided with three pallets and a $125 design budget to create your masterpiece." 3 pallets doesn't seem like much... I think I can work with that! But then, the pressure is on... "The finished pallets will be auctioned off at the 2013 Calgary Home + Garden Show, with proceeds going to the Make a Wish Foundation, Calgary."

OK. I shall not panic. This is the time to put to practice everything I've learned from watching lots of Disaster DIY episodes, everything I've learned on Pinterest, and my craftiness. I shall not let Bryan Baeumler down.

Today I got the 3 pallets delivered here to the KooL Studios. Man, they're bigger than I thought they would be! Tonight I shall spend lots of time on Pinterest and try to find something KooL to do.


To me, this is a no-brainer.To help the Make-A-Wish foundation of Southern Alberta by making something that will go up for auction and at the same time it will me useful to someone else. It's a win-win situation.

Let's see how it goes. 



No comments: