Monday, July 20, 2009

Not a Tosser of the Week, brought to you by dontbeatosser.com

I write this blog as I sit at my Hotel in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico... Thinking back on the people that I've met so far that are recycling back home makes me value even more their smart choice.

I see the way people here in Mexico use and abuse the fact that recycling here is something that hasn't been picked up on by any one. Street venders, stablishments, hotels. Recycling is not even thought of. Here I am, drinking watter out of a plastic bottle, and even before I finish it, I start looking around for a Blue Bin. I asked at the front desk if they do recycling, and they look at me funny, I think they wonder if I'm even from this country.

I feel bad, looking around the streets and people just toss out of their cars plastic pop bottles, at public places I see piles of garbage just pilling up next to the sidewalks. That's why I look back on the people that recycle, like Mary Ellen Johnson who I talked to at the Fish Creek Bottle Depot, she had only one little garbage bad with some items stting around the house that could be recycled. She will take and elderly friend with her to do her recycling as well.



Or, Tim and Mike Olson, Father and Son decided to start doing recycling, to make some extra cash, the money would get splitted up amongs Mike and his brother to use to rent movies and spent more time with them selfs.



How long would it take for this easy and valuable system to pick up aroud other countries. We need to start giving more value to the efforts made by others, to recognize them for not being tossers.

Are you a Tosser?

Could you be the next nominee???

Check www.dontbeatosser.com for more information on how you can help our environment and your pocket at the same time.

No comments: