Friday, August 1, 2008

SOF Day 14 – I think you just fixed my Toe… THANK YOU!!!

I couldn't believe how much my toe was hurting. It was really uncomfortable to walk need less to say run! yesterday I hurt my Toe by not paying attention to what I was doing, being care less has a price, and I pay the price yesterday by dropping "Pain" on my toe... trust me I learned my mistake.

We had to do our warm-up run and do our stretching right after our 2 laps, I was in pain, but didn't want to tell any of the Instructors what happen the day before because I thought I was going to get in trouble... decided to work my way around the pain, and see where the day was going to take me... I mean... what’s the worst that could happen!!! My toe was already hurting...

We got our instructions; it didn’t seem to hard… I thought I could work my way around it… I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty, but I still had to give it my best…
Side abdominals on the top of the park bench (10 on each side 4 times) one of your team mates hold your legs down…
Ok… I can do that…
Legs lifting over a bar while you hang from the monkey bars (10 times to each side) you can rest as many times as you need, but you must complete the session…
Ok… It gonna take me a while, but I can do it…
And the work out day kept going… and then we got the last instruction… the whole team was to be divided in groups of 3 and we have to do 100 reps of crunches holding “Misery” 3 others will hold the “point of flight” position until failing and 3 others will kneel down on the guy’s feet doing crunches to help them stay down… “EXCUSE ME… ummm… I don’t think so… My toe is killing me…” but still, not being smart I decided not to say anything and see if I can do the drill…
I lay down on the grass, put my self in position, Thompson goes for my feet and cracked my toe… I was in so much pain… I said “no, no, get off my toes!” she asked what was wrong… and I had to come clean… I still had to do my part, I held my own foot down with my other leg and she kneeled down on my other foot… confusing but trust me not easy at all… I could only do 6… I was tired and I was in pain…

We finished the day… and as I was walking back to my car I noticed my foot wasn’t hurting any more while I walk… I think I had a dislocated toe and actually got fixed by mistake… I guess that if I would’ve talked to Instructor Quian right after I first hurt my self I could’ve avoided a lot of pain and actually work out as intended… Again, we don’t decided weather its good for us or not, we must let the professionals decided for us, after all, this isn’t a democracy, this is a dictatorship, this is SOF and we follow instructions. Oorah!

No comments: