Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SOF Week 3, Day 3 – This would be day 13… not a lucky number…

I got there a few minutes before we started the workout session, today it’s a special day, Instructor Quian asked me and one of my class mates to grab “Pain” since we where going to use it that day, gabbing wasn’t a problem, it was when we had to put it down when I had a little issue… I kinda dropped it on my toe… yeah, not one of my brightest moments. But I learned my lesson, I’m not gonna let that happen again that for sure.

It was buddy day… a day to bring a guest to SOF, either someone you like or someone you don’t like, depending on the friend I guess… for people that thought that going to SOF means a bunch of people was just hanging around a park listening to a getto blaster pretending to be working out… HAHAHA, Corporal Pearson made this comment, I can’t really take credit for it… but it was funny, at least for us that are doing SOF…

We had a class of 30 or so… and it was a rough class. Instructor Quian made a good observation, “we are not slowing down just because we have new elements, this is Week 3, Day 3, and we are all working out according to your guy’s level, make sure they understand the rules of SOF, because if they don’t you are all paying for it now run 2 laps and line up at the end for stretching” aaaaand it was there when I was like… oh, no…

One of the biggest things I’ve learned at SOF is listen, listen and listen, and if you do have questions, for the love of God, just ask. They are not going to bite your head off… When we where done stretching Instructor Quian said: “at the word command Let’s Go I want 3 ranks lined up in front of me. “Go”. [Don’t move!!! The word command is Let’s Go, not Go]” he giggled and we all had to do push-ups. It wasn’t that bad. We only had to do 10 the pain full part of them are how slow we do them, but it’s for our own good, we have to think about what happen so that we don’t make the same mistake over again.

Running as usual, we used tires, poles, one misery, the benches and the pull up bars. It was really muddy that day since it rain earlier, but that doesn’t matter, we still had to do what we had to do… and I do have to accept and clap on for our guests since they managed to keep up with the exercises of that day. I was really surprised. But I can assure you that this ain’t no ordinary “lets get together and listen to some tunes” camp. This is Soldiers of Fitness, the authentic military fitness camp. Oorah!

No comments: