Monday, July 21, 2008

Soldiers of Fitness - Day 9 (Thursday)

You would've thought by now that I should be just fine physically with all the stuff we get to do in 90 minutes. I would've thought so my self. But I do have a lot more to work on.

Yeah, I know is an on going process, all this weight that I've manage to gain over the past several years is not going to go away over the 9 days!!!, but as my instructors and work-out friends say "At least you already started doing something!"

It's hard to believe that just 9 days ago I was still a couch potato and I that on day 1 I wasn't even able to run for 200 mts without having to stop gasping for air! Today we worked on upper body strength and I thought that because my arms hurt so much I wasn't going to be able to do one single thing. I was giving up on my self before I even tried.

I started off on a slow (some how lazy pace) but as soon as we really got into the exercise part of it I really felt like I wanted to do more. And realized that I've gotten to a point where I can actually do push-ups, crunches, sit-ups and the list goes on... I even did Pull-ups and Chin-ups (of course I had to relay on my team to help me lift my own weight, 'cus there is no way in hell I could've done it by my self).

I'm thankful of the team that I have to support me (literally) it's because of the support that I've been getting from them, my friends, my facebook contacts, my self and last but certainly not least My girl that I'm not willing to quit. Let’s see what day 10 brings on... Oorah!!!

No comments: