Monday, July 14, 2008

Soldiers of Fitness Day 4 & 5 - I think I blacked out...

So as I was bragging about SOF and me being ready for Thursday... It turns out I wasn't as ready as I thought I was...

I was talkign to My roommate, and my buddy Dave on Thursday during the day right before I went to SOF... it was raining, we had some crazy Hail, Thunder, Lightning... CRAZY... and I thought (actually was kind of hoping) that SOF was going to cancel the workout sesion since we work outdoors and, well, it was still raining and we still had Ice of the size of marbles on the grass. and they told me "It's military Boot Camp Baby, they don't care. The session will still happen". So I packed my gear and headed down to our secret location.

I got there and realized that Yeah, it's the real deal, Military boot camp baby, it doesn't matter if it rains, hail, snows. It will still happen.

We where focusing on strenght that day. I had no issues, I actually felt good about that workout...

And then came Friday. We where doing Cardio that day... Man was that a rough day. I remember talkign to Zack right before I went to SOF and he asked me how did I felt that day. I said fine I was actually really excited, I'm not going to lie and say that I was actually looking forward to SOF I was more excited about the weekend, stampede being done, and a nice 2 days in a row of nothing to do but sleep and rest at home. And he said something I didn't belive at that point in the day. that because it was Friday my body was going to shut down because it was exhausted from the last 4 days of workout. I didn't felt like that, but man was he ever right.

During warm-up I started feeling extreamly tired, half way thru our first out of 4 laps I couldn't even hold my breath while runing, that pushed me out of the track several times to catch my breath and keep on pushing. I honestly felt like I couldn't run even if my live depended on it. but then we started doing out strenght exercises, and that's when I started helping out my team in a more favourable way. I wanted to close the week with a nice push.

Cardio days make me realize how much work I still need to do, I think I actually need to learn how to run and mantain a steady breathing patern. and after talking to the Instructors, they made me feel a little better, they said that as the month goes on I will only get better and better if, and only IF i keep pushing my self each day. Oorah!

No comments: