Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 7 & 8 @ SOF - Knowing When to Stop...

On Tuesday I had the "pleasure" of meeting "Pain". Imagine a Telephone pole cut in half. That really is Pain!... We got divided in 2 teams of 8 and 9... Working on a circuit of 5 elements. Crunches & Side Crunches, Pull-Ups, Misery Curls, 50 Push-ups on Pain while the rest of your team performs another exercise, and as soon as everyone is done with their 50 push-ups (combining help from your teammates if you can't finish your own 50) and finally you and 2 of your teammates get to push in push-up position Pain and once it's made a full 360º turn you do a push-up... that was Tuesday only.. I think I pushed my self to hard since my started feeling a little discomfort in my arms...

On Wednesday we ran 3 laps rather than the usual 2, that made me realize that I can do 3 laps without having to stop, we did another circuit, sit-ups, lifting and throwing a 35 lb sand bag, and running up "The Hill from Hell" (a 60º angle hill)... as we where running down the hill, I wanted to make-up for the lost time during the up-hill run so I decided to run a little faster than I should've and I learned that running fast, down hill, where you can't really see where you are placing your feet is not a Smart Idea... Instead of taking the fall I put all my weight in one leg to maintain my composure and that was the end of my day. I did all the upper body workout that I could do, and was trying to push a little harder using my legs, even when the instructors told me not to do so...

Today Thursday I'm paying the Bill for not doing what I was told and for not stopping when I was told to do so, I'm limping and my I feel like the T-Rex on Toy Story because I can't move my arms further down than my waist and further up than my hair... I cant really hold the steering wheel.. God it hurts!!!... That will teach me to listen to the people that are used to work out and know what they're doing... but you know what?!?! I’m not stopping!!! Oorah!!!

No comments: