Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Emotional Times

I know it's been a while since my last Blog, No, I'm not going to chat about SOF, or my life... It's been a weird last couple of weeks, but in good way... I guess that realizing that I'm getting married in 11 months has started to kick in... or I'm just over thinking everything...

I've been blown away by the response that I've been getting from people out in the streets, people are starting to be more approachable. I've been really concerned that because of the recent "wave of violence" people where going to be doubtful about talking to a complete stranger at what ever place it would be and at the most random hours of the day. I have, how ever, gotten some weird responses form people when I offer them rides, first one was my neighbor , the first time I met him was a month ago, we where both going to work in the morning, and I was driving, he was waiting for the bus, I stopped at the bus stop and asked him if he was going downtown, he said yes... told him to get in, I could drop him off where ever he wanted... As he was getting in the Station Vehicle he asked. "actually, you are not some sort of psycho are you?!"... I thought it was a funny comment, but it was more funny that in over year living at my place I've never met my neighbors!!!... I definitely need to socialize more in my community.

I wont deny that I love it when people get super excited about getting anything from us... I love to help them... and I think a free "anything" goes a long way... specially with current prices of things, Groceries, Gas, Meals, Oil Changes, Coffee, Breakfast, anything... it all adds up pretty fast...

I love to meet people and talking to everyone, everyone has a story, and if they want to talk, I'm there to talk too... or if you need to, just to listen... I'm there for what ever you need...

No comments: